Sunday, August 05, 2007

I'm Back

Marazion

Forgive the lack of words - I'm absolutely shattered today. We arrived back from Cornwall yesterday evening and are now beginning the slightly depressing process of resuming normal life again. Still, at least I don't have to return to work until Tuesday which is a much needed consolation at the moment.

Cornwall was wonderful. Given the amount of rain we've had recently Karen and I were dead chuffed to find we'd picked the one week this summer where we had sunshine practically every day. We even got sunburnt; something I didn't expect to happen this year in the UK!

Anyway, I'm too tired/lazy to give a full account of our holiday so suffice it to say that a good time was had by all and we took in some amazing places including Prussia Cove, St Michael's Mount, Portreath, Perranporth, The Eden Project, a seal sanctuary and The Cornish Cider Farm. Karen got some much needed R&R and the boy and I got some much needed outdoors activity. I have to admit it was nice to be completely away from the PC for a week.

Below are a few pics freshly downloaded from the ol' digital. Hope all has been well while I've been away.


Marazion from St. Michael's Mount


Hell's Mouth


Prussia Cove

12 comments:

TimeWarden said...

Welcome back, Steve. Glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your holiday in Cornwall. Now, as my Dad would say, you need a holiday to get over the holiday!

Enjoyed looking at your holiday pics and understand completely what you mean about it being nice to get away from the computer! But, did you manage to sample one of those delicious ice-cream cornets topped with clotted cream?!!

Steve said...

Yes, we could definitely do with a holiday to get over the holiday... or just enough money to never have to return to work again!

Alas I didn't get to sample the clotted cream corsets (as they've come to be known in our house) - which I regret immensely - but we did manage a couple of cream teas, some amazing pasties and some Cornish ice cream. All delicious.

-eve- said...

Great pictures... :-) I'm going to use the last one for my screensaver...:-)

Steve said...

Glad you liked it Eve - for a limited time only, if you click on it you;ll be able to download the full sized version! :-)

Old Cheeser said...

Looks like you had a fab time. And you managed to catch the brilliant weather too - it was outstanding at the weekend wasn't it (I was in Brighton).

I don't think I've ever been to Cornwall properly - one day I must visit - the furthest I've been in that direction is Devon but I bet Cornwall is gorgeous and very unspoilt. Actually I'm reading some Daphne Du Maurier at the moment and a lot of her stuff is set in Cornwall.

TimeWarden said...

You're making me hungry, Steve! It all sounds very tasty though!!

I agree with Eve. The Prussia Cove shot is a lovely image and have saved the large version of it too, resized it to 1024 x 768, and installed it as the latest wallpaper.

It'll make a nice change from the recent succession of Carey Mulligan pics!

Steve said...

Hi Old Cheeser, to my shame I've never read any of Daphne Du Maurier's stuff though Karen has and we passed signs for Jamaica Inn on the journey. The scenery in Cornwall is gorgeous. It was my first time and I fell in love with the place immediately.

Hi Timewarden, glad you liked the photo too. It's very gratifying and I feel proud that my humble photograph has replaced the amazing Carey Mulligan on your desktop!

Glenda Young said...

It looks truly wonderful. I have another 4 and a half weeks to go before my jollies, sigh!

Rol said...

Welcome back - even though you had much better weather than us!

Steve said...

It's always better to have your jollies ahead of you rather than behind you, Nora!

Thanks Rol. I do, I admit, feel a certain measure of smugness.

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful Steve...I am sure you deserve your well rested holidays! Keeps everyobdy sane...

I would agree about holidays...how wonderful would it be to be able to travel most of time and enjoy our holidays...maybe then I will be able to finish some writing projects...

I am flying to Wellington today with my parents, in my humble capacity of tour guide...will see how that works out! Hopefully I will have some nice photos to show as I will venture through the Cook strait into South island ...

take care

Steve said...

Hi Janete, Cornwall was beautiful. It was my first time there and I'm kicking myself for not getting my ass down there sooner. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos - have a great trip!